John S. Berry Jr.
John S. Berry Jr. helps his clients fight some of the most important battles
of their lives. John has not only led successful teams in the courtroom,
resulting in several jury trial victories, but has also led soldiers in
deployments to Iraq and Bosnia. John personifies the warrior ethos that
is the foundation for Berry Law Firm’s success. Beyond the battlefield
and the courtroom, John’s leadership experience extends to community
organizations locally and nationally.
John graduated from the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg,
Virginia (B.A. 1997) and Creighton University School of Law, cum laude,
(2003). He is also a graduate of the National Criminal Defense College
at Mercer Law School in Macon, Georgia (2004). John is past president
of the Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorney's Association. He has been
recognized as one of the National Trial Lawyers' Top 100 Trial Lawyers
and the National Trial Lawyers' 40 under 40.
After receiving his commission as an infantry officer in the U.S. Army,
John completed Airborne School and Ranger School. In 1999, while assigned
to the First Cavalry Division, he deployed to Bosnia for Operation Joint
Forge. John also served as a Company Commander in Iraq during Operation
Iraqi Freedom and served as a Battalion Commander in the national guard.
John has presented and lectured in the areas of criminal defense trial
skills and veterans disability appeals.
- Sex Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- State and Federal Criminal Defense
- White Collar Crimes
- Interstate Drug Stops
- Veterans Appeals
- Civil Litigation
- Injury Law
- J.D. Cum Laude, Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska (2003)
- B.A., College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA (1997)
- National Criminal Defense College at Mercer Law School, Macon, GA (2004)
- Nebraska State Bar Association Leadership Academy (2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Honors & Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- AVVO 10 out of 10 Rating
- Client’s Choice Award 2016
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Top 50 DUI Lawyer
- Lincoln Independent Business Association: Outstanding Young Professional
- Army Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal (3)
- Lieutenant Colonel, Nebraska Army National Guard
- Parachutist Badge
- Ranger Tab
- Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorney's Association, President 2014 - 15
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Life Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association Military Law Section, Board Member 2012 - Present
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates
- Lincoln Independent Business Association, Board Member, 2008 - 2017
- Inns of Court, 2004-2010
Call John S. Berry Jr.
if you would like to discuss your charges.