John S. Berry Jr.
Attorney John S. Berry Jr. helps his clients fight some of the most important
battles of their lives. Not only has he led successful teams in the courtroom,
resulting in several jury trial victories, he has led soldiers in deployments
to Iraq and Bosnia. Beyond the battlefield and the courtroom, John’s
leadership experience extends to local community and national organizations
that protect our constitutional rights and our veterans.
Prior to joining the firm, John attended the College of William & Mary
in Williamsburg, Virginia(1993-1997), and Creighton University School
of Law, where he graduated cum laude in 2003. John is also a graduate
of the National Criminal Defense College at Mercer Law School in Macon,
Georgia (2004), Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming (2018), and the
Nebraska State Bar Association Leadership Academy (2008).
John is past president of the Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorney's
Association and a fellow of the prestigious American Board of Criminal
Lawyers. John maintains an AV Preeminent Rating through Martindale-Hubbell
and has been recognized as one of the National Trial Lawyers' Top
100. John has presented and lectured in the areas of criminal defense,
trial skills, and veterans disability appeals.
After receiving his commission as an infantry officer in the U.S. Army,
John completed Airborne School and Ranger School. In 1999, while assigned
to the First Cavalry Division, he deployed to Bosnia for Operation Joint
Forge. John also served as a Company Commander in Iraq during Operation
Iraqi Freedom and later as a Battalion Commander in the National Guard.
- J.D. cum laude, Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska (2003)
- B.A., College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA (1997)
- National Criminal Defense College at Mercer Law School, Macon, GA (2004)
- Nebraska State Bar Association Leadership Academy (2008)
- Trial Lawyers College, Dubois, WY (2018)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- AVVO 10 out of 10 rating
- AVVO Client's Choice Award 2016
- Excellence in Criminal Defense, Lawyers of Distinction
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 (2012)
- Top 50 DUI Lawyer
- Lincoln Independent Business Association: Outstanding Young Professional
- Army Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal (3)
- Lieutenant Colonel, Nebraska Army National Guard
- Parachutist Badge
- Ranger Tab
- Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorney's Association, President 2014 - 2015
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Life Member
- American Board of Criminal Lawyers, Fellow
- Nebraska State Bar Association Military Law Section, Board Member 2012 - Present
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates
- Lincoln Independent Business Association, Board Member, 2008 - Present
- Inns of Court, 2004 - 2010
Call John S. Berry Jr.
if you would like to discuss your charges.